- John chapters 2-12 are called Book of signs. How many signs did John introduce in Chapters 2-4?
- Where did Jesus perform the first and second signs?
- In Acts 1:8 how is a disciple to be a witness to Jesus? How is it foreshadowed in John 3 and 4?
- Where did the Royal Official’s son lay sick?
- Why do you think Jesus said that a prophet has no honor in his native place?
- Why did Galileans welcome Jesus?
- Do you think the Royal official believed in Jesus when he made the request to Jesus?
- Why did Jesus rebuke the Galileans?
- Compare the difference in the way the Samaritans and Galileans received/believed in Jesus.
- What does the first two signs teach us about the “Word of God”
- Compare the first two signs using the following table.
|Sign 1||Sign 2|
|Request/ Statement||John 2:3||John 4:47|
|Initial Response||John 2:4||John 4:48|
|Command||John 2:7||John 4:49|
|Action||John 2:7||John 4:50|
|Sign/Miracle||John 2:10||John 4:51|
|Final Result||John 2:11b||John 4:53b|
- How does the parent’s faith affect his family?
- Posted in: Word of God